Ingredients for the marinade
1 Grassroots Boneless Sirloin Steak (or your favorite steak cut)
2 cups of Pineapple Juice
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon of cumin
2 tablespoons of ground chili
1 4oz can of green chilies (use fresh when in season)
1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
1/2 of onion
Instructions for the Marinade
1. In a food processor, add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Let the steak marinate in the fridge overnight in a container with a lid.
Ingredients for the Tacos
1 Grassroots Boneless Sirloin Steak, marinated (or again, your favorite cut of Grassroots Ranch steak
1/2 onion, diced small
1/2 cup of cilantro, sliced thin
2 limes, cut into wedges
1 jalapeno, diced small
1. Place your cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for several minutes, about 7-10. Add a thin layer of oil and allow it to heat through another 3-4 minutes, or until it just begins to smoke.
2. Remove your steak from the marinade allowing the excess to drip off into the container. Place your steak in the hot pan gently and away to avoid oil splashing toward you.
3. Flip your steak every 15-20 seconds until you have reached the desired crust on the outside.
4. Temp your steak in the thickest part. Once you have reached 120-125 degrees for a medium-rare, take it out of the pan and place it on a cooling rack to let rest for at least 10 minutes.
5. While your steak rests, heat your tortillas and dice your onions, jalapeno, and cilantro.
6. Take your diced onion, jalapeno, and cilantro and put them into a small bowl, add the juice of 1 lime, and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Slice the rested steak against the grain to ensure the most tender result.
8. To finish, fill the warm tortillas with the sliced beef and top with the fresh, diced ingredients adding any additional seasoning or lime.