- (1 tbsp) Native Pecan Oil
- (2 lbs) Stew Meat
- (1 tbsp) Olive Oil
- (1 medium size, diced) Onion
- (2 medium sized, chopped) Carrot
- (2 stalks, chopped) Celery
- (3 cloves, minced) Garlic
- (1/4 cup) Tomato Paste
- (6 cups) Beef Bone Broth
- (1 cup (optional)) Red wine
- (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- (1 tsp) Thyme
- (2) Bay Leaves
- (1 lb, halved) Baby Potatoes
- (1 cup frozen or fresh) Peas
- (1/4 cup, for garnish) Pea Shoots
- (to taste) Salt and Pepper
In a large dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add beef and cook until seared on all sides, working in batches if necessary. Transfer beef to a plate.
In the same pot, cook onion, carrots, and celery until soft. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook until garlic is fragrant and tomato paste has darkened.
Add beef back to the dutch oven then add broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let simmer until beef is tender.
Add potatoes and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaves. Stir in peas and cook until warmed through. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper, then ladle into serving bowls and garnish with pea shoots.